Wednesday 17 April 2013

Charm Pack Quilt.

This little quilt started out life as a Charm Pack and 1.75 metre's of cream fabric. It was made for the Knitting and Stitching Show at Olympia.



First of all I cut the cream into 5" strips and then sub cut into 5" squares you will need a total of 90 5" cream squares for this quilt.


I then threw all the Charm Pack squares onto the floor and sorted them into the heart shape. I tried not to over think it, just looking for duplicates or the same colour next to each other. 
I had worked out the layout before so that I could use all of the 42 squares to make the heart shape. 
I then simply chain pieced the squares following the above table as a guide. Then into 12 rows of 11 squares. 



It was backed in some of this Crossword Fabric which I have wanted to use for ages, and to bind I used the last of the Walk in The Woods Grey and Red dash (my favourite binding fabric).

I quilted it in (fairly) straight lines on my lovely Bernina machine just using the edge of the walking foot as a guide.


The Finished size of the quilt is 47" x 53".

0 comments:

Post a Comment